Do You Have Diabetes?
WHAT IS TYPE 2 DIABETES?
Diabetes is a problem with your body that causes blood glucose (sugar) levels to rise higher than normal. This is also called hyperglycemia. Type 2 diabetes is the most common form of diabetes.
If you have Type 2 diabetes your body does not use insulin properly. This is called insulin resistance. At first, your pancreas makes extra insulin to make up for it. But, over time it isn’t able to keep up and can’t make enough insulin to keep your blood glucose at normal levels.
When glucose builds up in the blood instead of going into cells, it can cause two problems:
• Right away, your cells may be starved for energy.
• Over time, high blood glucose levels may hurt your eyes, kidneys, nerves or heart.
Living with Type 2 Diabetes can be challenging…
• Do You Have High Glucose Levels?
• Are You Taking Medication for Diabetes?
• Are You Checking your Sugar Daily?
Our clinic in Austin is enrolling now for a new Diabetes clinical trial.
YOU may qualify if you have the following criteria:
• Must be 18 Years and Older
• Must be taking Metformin
*other criteria may apply
Participants in this study will receive:
• Study-related investigational medications at no cost
• Study-related medical examinations at no cost
• May be reimbursed for time and travel.
Compensation up to $925!
Questions about this study?
Call (512) 501-1953