At Discovery Clinical Trials (“DCT”), our goal is to provide comprehensive clinical research services to advance the science of medicine. Our dedicated and experienced medical professionals conduct human clinical research with compassion and respect for our research participants.
Based in San Antonio, Texas, we are a comprehensive multi-state research organization conducting research studies across a wide geographic area. Discovery Clinical Trials brings together scientific and medical minds with a passion for knowledge and desire to improve the future of human health.
Our website address is: www.discoverytrials.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Information Collected and How We Use It
At various locations on our site or other applications, and during our business practice, we ask you for information, which will allow us to provide you (whether you are a patient or physician) with information that is targeted specifically to you. If you would like to be considered for enrollment in a clinical trial, this information allows us to contact you regarding studies for which you may be eligible. We collect information in the following ways:
- Initial User Registration. We collect information you provide to us when you register at one of our sites (e.g., name, date of birth, email address, address, phone number, and demographic information).
- Lifestyle-based Analytics. In some circumstances, we may contact you by mail regarding potential clinical studies where information you voluntarily provided to our Data Partners or publicly available information suggests based on analysis of various demographic and societal trends that you might benefit from such studies.
- Messaging Services. If you enroll in a clinical trial and expressly consent to receiving study information and messages, we will provide you with appointment reminders, study instructions, and other important study instructions. In addition, we may exchange relevant health information with the study doctor and staff in order to provide these services.
- Opt-Out Requests. If you send us an email or use our websites or applications to opt out of receiving information or being contacted, we will retain and use some of your information to avoid further contact with you. We may also retain your information to the extent it has previously been incorporated in anonymized data and as necessary for us to meet legal requirements and defend claims against us.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. You may remove your information from our contact list by sending an email entitled “Unsubscribe” to email@example.com. Please note that we may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or similar legal process, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Children Under 13
Our websites and applications are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to us through our websites and applications. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our websites and applications. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 we will delete that information.
Information Covered by this Policy
This Policy applies to any personally identifiable information about you (“Personal Information”) that you may provide to DCT when:
- using any of our websites and social media applications or sending us information by email;
- speaking with one of our representatives on the phone; or
- providing information in writing.
When and How Discovery Clinical Trials May Contact You
When you register with DCT or complete a prequalification questionnaire associated with a particular trial, you indicate your consent for DCT to store your Personal Information in our database and contact you about clinical trials for which you may be eligible by various means, including telephone, email, and US mail. You also have the option of receiving emails regarding new postings to our site, including news or new clinical trials. In addition, we may contact you periodically when we have provided new functionality to our websites or applications, so that you may take advantage of the new services. If you receive a text message from us and would like to discontinue such messages, you may reply with the word “STOP.” Providing a telephone number constitutes your consent for DCT to contact you at that number for the purposes outlined in this Policy.
We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
Who we share your data with
Information requested by DCT may include that related to specific medical conditions and certain contact and demographic information (i.e., name, date of birth and zip code).
DCT may also log IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track visitor movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use; provided, that such use is for internal purposes of DCT or its affiliates or partners only.
DCT is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not distribute, sell, or rent your name or email address or any other personal or organizational information about you to any third party without your consent.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account with DCT you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.